Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Didier Ndong

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Didier Ndong

Postby mark_wfc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 am

Ndong played 31 games in the Premier League and after an initial underwhelming start to life in red-and-white he proved to be one of Sunderland’s better players under David Moyes, albeit in a squad littered with poor performers.

Never quite capable of stamping his authority on a game, Ndong’s athleticism is his predominant asset though his vision and ability to pick out a pass continue to let him down. Underwhelming this season in the Championship, the former Lorient man had been expected to step up in the second-tier.

A departure which would bring some much needed cash into the Stadium of Light coffers and enable Coleman to re-jig his squad is perhaps the best outcome for all parties.
Hoofcunter.KILTCUNTER.
copyright VIC.18.8.09. Beardycunter. Pozzocunter, Both copyright VIC 29/6/12.©
mark_wfc
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:08 pm

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk
 

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby pog88 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:13 am

only about 2 days late with this Mark
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6467
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Capoue replacement?

Surely wouldn't get in the team ahead of Cleverley, Doucoure and a fit Hughes/Chalobah (if they are going to be injury free soon)

Hardly the most inspiring signing if he was first choice...
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby Inayellowshirt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:22 pm

I think as being reported, we will be looking at saying bye to Capoue and Watson, and he is looking at backup players that have the athleticism to play the system he likes.
Image
User avatar
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker
 
Posts: 22491
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:02 pm
Location: 51 38' 59.62N 0 24' 05.13W

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby Turnipician » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Been linked again and Sunderland have just signed a midfielder on loan from Liverpool.
Ed Balls
Turnipician
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:22 pm
Location: Crouch End, UK

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Seems like he is still banned for a couple of games so maybe we are waiting to complete this deal (if we are...) till Sunderland have played tonight meaning he'd only have one match suspended left?
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby Turnipician » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Seems like he is still banned for a couple of games so maybe we are waiting to complete this deal (if we are...) till Sunderland have played tonight meaning he'd only have one match suspended left?


Good call. Hopefully we get this other bloke anyway
Ed Balls
Turnipician
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:22 pm
Location: Crouch End, UK

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby pog88 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 pm

in the current situation, bringing a player in who is suspended until the West Ham game is pointless.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6467
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm

pog88 wrote:in the current situation, bringing a player in who is suspended until the West Ham game is pointless.


Well that is why I was thinking if we are still after this chap we won't official confirm till tomorrow as Sunderland play tonight which means he will be registered with them and a match ban will count - and tomorrow if registered in time.

Mind you doubt he'd make much impact against Chelsea TBH - apart from getting sent off trying to tackle Hazard or somebody!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby pog88 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:22 pm

WFC4ever wrote:
pog88 wrote:in the current situation, bringing a player in who is suspended until the West Ham game is pointless.


Well that is why I was thinking if we are still after this chap we won't official confirm till tomorrow as Sunderland play tonight which means he will be registered with them and a match ban will count - and tomorrow if registered in time.

Mind you doubt he'd make much impact against Chelsea TBH - apart from getting sent off trying to tackle Hazard or somebody!


Yes but at least he's actually quick enough to catch Hazard. farkin Watson will spend the game on his arse trying to work out which way the balls gone
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6467
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby dorsetway » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Hmm - so Ndong not deemed fit / good enough for Saturday's matchday squad ? It's been very quiet on that front since he joined ?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Quite a different bench to the one at West Ham - the Luke bloke wasn't a sub either.

Guess Okaka, Femenia and Z man were on the bench either coming back into the squad or dropped.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Would definitely like to see him in there. If we do end up trying to play with 2 strikers, and keep Richarlison on the pitch.... that means something like a 4-1-3-2 (given that we're still short of centre-backs for a proper back 3). He'd be very logical for that holding role, with Doucoure slightly forward. This might be the perfect week to trying something like that - be a bit leery of trying it for the first time against the Arse.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby dorsetway » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:17 pm

I think it's because they have just given Capoue a contract extension and Gracia clearly likes him, so we were never going to rush Ndong into the team in a manner which could trigger the auto-purchase clause this Summer ? Another player we might see in April for a couple of run-outs ? (When Doucoure leaves this summer this guy could fill his place at DM alongside Capoue, so I would be surprised if we just turn him away full-stop ?)
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Tue May 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Might as well stuck a youngster in the squad for "experience" rather than waste money and time on this guy.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue May 08, 2018 10:00 pm

dorsetway wrote:I think it's because they have just given Capoue a contract extension and Gracia clearly likes him, so we were never going to rush Ndong into the team in a manner which could trigger the auto-purchase clause this Summer ? Another player we might see in April for a couple of run-outs ? (When Doucoure leaves this summer this guy could fill his place at DM alongside Capoue, so I would be surprised if we just turn him away full-stop ?)


Don't forget Chalobah
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby dorsetway » Thu May 10, 2018 11:12 am

PizzaNBeer wrote:
dorsetway wrote:I think it's because they have just given Capoue a contract extension and Gracia clearly likes him, so we were never going to rush Ndong into the team in a manner which could trigger the auto-purchase clause this Summer ? Another player we might see in April for a couple of run-outs ? (When Doucoure leaves this summer this guy could fill his place at DM alongside Capoue, so I would be surprised if we just turn him away full-stop ?)


Don't forget Chalobah


True .. so I wonder what drove this loan deal through ? Was it a Silva choice that went through just as he was sacked but we couldn't back out ?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Appears no-one has seen him for a long time !

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/201 ... -statement
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 19087
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Didier Ndong

Postby dorsetway » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes, wow we ducked a big one with this guy..... Clearly GP and JG quickly figured out this guy was trouble with a capital T quite quickly, hence he never played for us. Can you imagine if we had signed him up on a 4 year contract?!! :shock:
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole


Return to Watford FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron