Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Fulham

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Fulham

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Early kick off by the Thames against Slav's boys.

Can we bounce back from last week?

Unchanged team and a 1-1 draw I reckon
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Fulham

Postby dorsetway » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Looked at their forum and they don't seem confident nor know their best team nor formation. Sounds like they play 3 at the back usually but some fans want to switch to a back 4 against us. I will always take a point away from home but we could well nick it the way we are playing. Need to keep their 9 quiet....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Goal-fest. 3-4.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:52 pm

dorsetway wrote:Looked at their forum and they don't seem confident nor know their best team nor formation. Sounds like they play 3 at the back usually...

Slav does like to chop and change - wasn't afraid to that with us I remember.

They did spent 100 million over the summer so probably got lots of new players to keep happy.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:39 pm

WFC4ever wrote:
dorsetway wrote:Looked at their forum and they don't seem confident nor know their best team nor formation. Sounds like they play 3 at the back usually...

Slav does like to chop and change - wasn't afraid to that with us I remember.

They did spent 100 million over the summer so probably got lots of new players to keep happy.

They lost a lot at the back IIRC. They may be changing based on necessity as opposed to design - much like us last year.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Not sure about that performance tbh?
Lots of effort and nice moves and we should have had 3 goals in the first half hour, but we will have days where things don't work for us....
Hughes ran himself ragged, and TD and AG also worked tirelessly.
Their half time subs completely changed the game, and for me we a bit overrun in the middle of the park where we were caught on the counter several times.
Not sure if we were a bit jaded in the last 20 minutes, and for once Doucoure was not at his best? Every time we attacked we looked likely to score but as soon as they cleared their lines we seemed overrun?
Main thoughts.... Decent performance again, they fought hard and defended well, we will have more games like this so get over it, and lastly.. JG needs to find better ways to regain control of midfield when things don't go our way. This game was screaming out for Challobah to reinforce the middle, we ended up banging long balls too often like we were tired).
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:44 pm

A game of 2 halves.

Played well 1st half pressing high and creating chances but Slav did his usual tactical change as he often did for us and it worked I guess.

We got sloppy and lost any real control - although still had some dangerous moment.

Not sure we got the best out of our midfield apart from Capoue and they handled Deeney/Gray much better after the break.

Defence was ok but could have done more maybe to stop the ball coming into the near post?

Oh well - point better than nothing on the road.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Their goal annoyed me tbh, we had two RBs on the field and still gave them loads of space for them to score - reminded me of the recent Zaha goal, we are soft when they really get at Janmaat.... And Kiko was nowhere near.. Oh well maybe the trouble now will be our higher expectations?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Sounds like Deeney has been playing with broken toes - maybe explains why he is more mobile?

Cannot stand around on his own feet ?!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:44 am

We need Chalobah back. A player out of the midfield who can complete more passes will help open things up. Mind you, Capoue has been OK, but when healthy,Chalobah is better. The odd rest for Doucs wouldn't hurt. Alternatively, Hughes could play inside a bit if we get Deulofeu onto the pitch. Might also be time to give Femenia a start and let Janmaat come off the bench. Of course, not all of these things at once, but 1-2 would be good.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:27 pm

I agree, but I think Gracia has some difficult selections to make? He must know that Challobah, Douc and on his day Capoue, are possibly the best midfield outside the top 4. However that selection forces him into a 433 or a 4321 formation, meaning either Gray or TD lose out.
Could drop Capoue I guess for Chabs but that seems harsh?
Good problem to have I guess?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 pm

dorsetway wrote:I agree, but I think Gracia has some difficult selections to make? He must know that Challobah, Douc and on his day Capoue, are possibly the best midfield outside the top 4. However that selection forces him into a 433 or a 4321 formation, meaning either Gray or TD lose out.
Could drop Capoue I guess for Chabs but that seems harsh?
Good problem to have I guess?

He's got to start rotating some anyway. For me, I'd start at Capoue as he tends to fade as the season goes on. Perhaps regular rest will keep him fresh. I'd do the same with Holebas and Janmaat to preserve their fitness. Hughes is doing a manful job playing out of position IMO. He could be part of that rotation. I shudder to think where we'd be without him, but Pereyra as well should be rested occasionally.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Troy is bound to be rubbish at Arsenal - even more with 3 broken toes and the fact he has been popular in the media in recent days !!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC