Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Challobah

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Challobah

Postby dorsetway » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Is it just me or is there something strange going on with Challobah? He was available as sub for some weeks but now nowhere near match day squad, have I missed something?
OK so Cleverly and Hughes back are probably less fragile and so have jumped ahead of him, but it's gone very quite lately.
Has he had a set back again??? -
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Challobah

Postby PizzaNBeer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 pm

dorsetway wrote:Is it just me or is there something strange going on with Challobah? He was available as sub for some weeks but now nowhere near match day squad, have I missed something?
OK so Cleverly and Hughes back are probably less fragile and so have jumped ahead of him, but it's gone very quite lately.
Has he had a set back again??? -

He had a major knee injury. Near catastrophic. It wouldn't be a shock for it to take a full season to get back to 100% physically and mentally. Very common in these situations for the player to take a long time to trust the leg - both consciously and subconsciously. So even if he's 100% sound physically, he's likely not lpaying as freely as he did before. That's what it seems when he's out there to me.. just a bit tentative.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby BeersThen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:33 pm

I thought Derek Payne was hinting at something else on 3CR last night, my impression was he was wondering if the effort is there. Might be very wrong.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:20 pm

What he really needs are some Reserve/Under 23s but we never seem to play any.

BTW What happened to Jamaat ….just not in the squad or injured?
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:32 pm

I always suspected it would take all season to get Challobah back close to his previous levels of fitness, but I wonder if that messing around getting injured with the England camp was far too soon in his rehab ? My guess is that he felt fit enough by the Summer, but then feels that every bit of contact is likely to take him out ? There's clearly an issue, maybe more confidence than anything else, but I hope they are keeping him in the right frame of mind - it took Cathcart nearly two years to get over his knee issues and that didn't entail a smashed knee-kick !
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC