Watford FC Forum
http://www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum/

Brighton..
http://www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59187
Page 1 of 1
Author:  WFC4ever [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Brighton..

Will the snow catch us cold or will be soar above the Seagulls to collect 3 points?

Hopefully just remember to turn up this time.
Author:  PizzaNBeer [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

WFC4ever wrote:Will the snow catch us cold or will be soar above the Seagulls to collect 3 points?

Hopefully just remember to turn up this time.


Hopefully the seagulls don't fly over and do what seagulls normally do....
Author:  BeersThen [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

1-1
Author:  dorsetway [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Without Doucoure I am always concerned we can be dominated in the middle of the park. That combined with an iffy defence means we are too likely to concede 2 goals a game, so this one will depend on Denney, Pereyra and Deulefeu ability to get amongst them.
Result: not a clue as usual.
Author:  BeersThen [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Does anyone see anything that makes Ken Sema someone who should be playing in the Premiership?
Author:  PizzaNBeer [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Sema is just a convenient whipping boy. He's not top class but he serviceable on the left. He's not and never will be a Pereyra. We need more players with better first touches and who are quick decision makers. Both in the back and in midfield. Then the rest of our "serviceable" types can get things done. We play slowly in the spine of the team, which helps keep the fullbacks penned in and the outside forwards well marked.
Author:  WFC4ever [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

One game Foster will have a mare .. cannot keep saving us!

Very poor generally .

Maybe saving ourselves to beat Silva next week and get him the sack !!
Author:  Scoobykelbeardoo [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Big thanks to foster good game today we have to be better than that com on lads where’s the passion
Author:  dorsetway [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Hmm so our concerns about the depth of team without a few key players is laid very bare. No Douc or Pereyra and our attacking falls apart.
Author:  PizzaNBeer [ Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

dorsetway wrote:Hmm so our concerns about the depth of team without a few key players is laid very bare. No Douc or Pereyra and our attacking falls apart.


Yes. Chalobah could be an answer. He needs minutes. A lot of minutes. Quina eventually as well, but he also needs minutes.
Author:  WFC4ever [ Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Biggest worry was the lack of attacking threat mainly due to a complete lack of pace which could have troubled big physical but slow Brighton defenders .

BTW - what has happened to Kabasele ?
Author:  dorsetway [ Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

I honestly think that Gracia is playing a very clever but honest game. He knows he has a pretty decent first eleven, and that this squad is once again close to fourth year safety in the Prem. He is saying "look what I am doing with the squad I inherited, and I am content right now to do the best I can with what you have given me".
He has to give squad players a turn at certain points in the season, and if we end up finishing 15th because Challobah, Doucoure, Pereyra, and Kabasele are injured or unfit, he can turn round to Pozzo in May and say.. There you go, I did my best with what you gave me....
Then next window he can tell GP which positions need strengthening over the summer. We might not like watching the eleven which played crap against Brighton, but for Gracia he is doing exactly what is required with the squad he's got. (and we are not yet a top ten side with the depth we have right now. Roll on the Summer when Chabs may be back to fitness, and we can get in a strong CB and it had better be a good proven replacement for Douc!!!!!!
Author:  PizzaNBeer [ Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

dorsetway wrote:I honestly think that Gracia is playing a very clever but honest game. He knows he has a pretty decent first eleven, and that this squad is once again close to fourth year safety in the Prem. He is saying "look what I am doing with the squad I inherited, and I am content right now to do the best I can with what you have given me".
He has to give squad players a turn at certain points in the season, and if we end up finishing 15th because Challobah, Doucoure, Pereyra, and Kabasele are injured or unfit, he can turn round to Pozzo in May and say.. There you go, I did my best with what you gave me....
Then next window he can tell GP which positions need strengthening over the summer. We might not like watching the eleven which played crap against Brighton, but for Gracia he is doing exactly what is required with the squad he's got. (and we are not yet a top ten side with the depth we have right now. Roll on the Summer when Chabs may be back to fitness, and we can get in a strong CB and it had better be a good proven replacement for Douc!!!!!!


Probably so, but I doubt it's a game. I imagine it's in full consultation with Gino, Duxbury and the technical staff. You have to play the players to determine if they're good enough.
Author:  dorsetway [ Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Brighton..

Yes I wasn't meaning he's "just playing games" - more like playing the game etc..
Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]