Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Another young star?

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Another young star?

Postby WFC4ever » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Juan Camilo ‘Cucho’ Hernandez scored a hat-trick for Colombia tonight in the Under 20s World Cup.

Could he be a star of the future* for us?

*Well a season or 6 months....
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Another young star?

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Juan Camilo ‘Cucho’ Hernandez scored a hat-trick for Colombia tonight in the Under 20s World Cup.

Could he be a star of the future* for us?

*Well a season or 6 months....

Cucho could very well be ready now. Very excited to see how he turn out during summer training. Will need the ball at his feet though.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Fri May 31, 2019 5:13 pm

I wonder what our approach will be new players this summer.? We have a lot of very young guys on the conveyor belt but I can't see any of them being ready for a couple of years. In any case our main problems are central defence so I will be keeping tabs on that over the summer. Gary Cahill anyone.???
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri May 31, 2019 6:15 pm

dorsetway wrote:I wonder what our approach will be new players this summer.? We have a lot of very young guys on the conveyor belt but I can't see any of them being ready for a couple of years. In any case our main problems are central defence so I will be keeping tabs on that over the summer. Gary Cahill anyone.???

I think we'll bring in at least one CB who is ready now - who can complete a pass. I don't know that the conveyor belt is ready there. Wilmot is interesting. I'm not sure if the club sees him as a CB or a deep lying CM. Cautiously optimistic that he's been given time in central midfield in order to ready him for role as a CB who can link up with midfielders.

RB is also interesting. Foulquier is ours but if he stays at Getafe will get Europa league FB (at least for a short while). I really hope we bring him home and give him a serious runout. He played 25 games in La Liga. He should be no worse and likely an upgrade over any we have at RB. If he's not ready or won't come. We need a player there.

LB. We need a player that is PL ready.

CM. Wow. Damn. I'm not sure if we don't have enough or have too bloody many. Assume Doucoure will go - then what? Try for a box-to-box somewhere? Could that be Quina? Will Chalobah ever be his old self? With enough changes at the back could Capoue sit in front of the back 4 and we slide Hughes in front of him? A 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-something else setup? Or, do we think we need a true "keymaster" AM (that's not named Hughes or Quina). If so, I don't see one on the conveyor. Possibly Deeney could drop deeper as a ball winner/holdup man if we added another more clinical and skillful CF. This whole area is a head scratcher for me, as I believe the strategy here depend almost entirely on strengthening what's behind so we no longer need 2 deep lying middies.

LW/LF. No idea what formations Gracia really wants, but Pereyra faded and the PL figured out Sema. Sema needs to step up, Pereyra needs more fitness and confidence and we need another player here. If that is Lukebakio or Penaranda, fine. But some new blood from somewhere is needed to push this lot to the next level.

RW/RF. Some cover for Deulofeu would be brilliant. Femenia can do this if it's a true wide man role. If it's a floating CF like he often played, it needs another sort entirely. The idea of players like Deulofeu, Cucho and Pereyra playing off one another is brilliant - as long as Deeney is there for a bit of muscle.

This last point is a secondary concern that I have. If we were to field our most technically gifted forward players, that would likely include Pereyra, Deulofeu, Cucho and Hughes. If one adds in Lukebakio Capoue and Quina, there's only about one of them that has any sort of mass to them. Some of our lads need to hit the weight room if they're to survive without Troy.

CF. Yeah - we need help now. Cucho - hopefully. Penaranda - maybe but I doubt it. Success - well, he isn't really a CF and there *could* be a miracle improvement! But... then again I *could* get naked for an entire Saturday in a hammock with a tube of lubrication, a bottle of rum and Scarlett Johansson. Neither seems likely. Gray and Troy are what they are. We need help from somewhere here. Cucho seems the most likely given spending needs elsewhere and how pricey strikers are.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Yes I agree with your points, and it is a headscratcher in so many ways. (my conveyor point was only really in reference to our south American teenagers tbh). Defensively we are weak, or should I say OK against bottom half clubs and rubbish dealing with top half clubs. Our fullbacks are good going forward but always out of position up the wings. Midfield is excellent at times but very lightweight on the outside positions so more for FBs to do. Our attack is hot and cold, and relies on excellence from our midfielders. Where the hell do we start with improvements.!?? I do think we desperately need another CB and another engine room midfielder, however knowing GP, Gracia will prob just get a bunch of hopeful misfits to shoehorn I to the squad...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Be a lot of pressure for him to come in and replace GD or Pereyra at such a young age!

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport ... ef=mr&lp=1
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC