Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Gracia Gone

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Gracia Gone

Postby Fiz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Technocat - It's Gonna Be Alright (Spanish Guitar Mix)
Fiz
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Gracia Gone

Postby dorsetway » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:00 pm

I just saw the WO article out of the blue and thought it was a wind-up.
Not surprised that Gracia has gone but Flores rejoining was.!
Gracia was v principled but clearly GP like us expected to see our best players out on the pitch. I understand Gracias beliefs but in Prem football you have to be ruthless, not stick to your favourites....
Good luck Flores.!!
Edit... I reckon GP must have spoken to players to check how in tune they really were with Gracia, especially those not playing, and I feel sure the feedback was mainly negative.?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:58 am

A shame but not totally surprised given recent form running back from last season .

Didn't really seem to have a plan B and certainly favoured players others.

Mind you Gracia cannot be blamed for the lack of decent defenders brought in the summer I guess.

Is Flores the answer? Again started well but his season badly fell away with the suggestion that he wasn't in any mood to hang around .

Did organise us well though and will hopefully get more out of the attack!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 am

Re summer signings, I think that GP must have decided that last seasons squad was very capable and we just needed a CB and a Richarlison replacement, plus some youngsters. In his mind Javi took that squad from 7th into relegation form which continued into this season. Javi has to be at fault for that somehow as we had a dramatic f drop off in form over recent months which makes no sense other than a toxic atmosphere or divisions in the squad, plus terrible tactics.? Our squad are not as together as they make out, either that or they are pretty tight and overly relaxed..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Been thinking about Gracias demise, and esp the way our performances fell away under him.
Personally I think that his problem was his friendly demeanour, in that a year ago he got all warm and cuddly with his squad, talking them all up and creating a strong bond thru the squad and good spirit. Then he found his favourite 14 and seemed frightened to drop them. Then the cracks appeared in team spirit when the likes of Challobah, Prodl, Kabs, Success, Cleverly etc and possibly also Gray - realised they had been frozen out completely.
Gracia was basically too nice to be able to deal with a large eager squad, and I bet the same happened at previous clubs and GP could see it first hand.?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Well apparently Sky said the Pozzos weren't happy about the lack of game time for Sarr and Welbeck.

Have to say I do wonder how long it should take an athletic 21 year old to be fully match fit ..

Even more so when they cost 30 million ..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Yes that a strange one because at 21 I could play two games a weekend. Again I assume he was just desperate to show his regulars that he wouldn't just drop them for a newbe.?
Not playing Sarr whilst losing was def the icing on the cake...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:37 pm

And lets be honest we could have our attackers playing out of their skins we will get nothing from the next 2/3 games.

You only have to look at Brighton's result since to show what a disaster that first game was..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC