Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Brighton..

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Brighton..

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Will the snow catch us cold or will be soar above the Seagulls to collect 3 points?

Hopefully just remember to turn up this time.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Brighton..

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Will the snow catch us cold or will be soar above the Seagulls to collect 3 points?

Hopefully just remember to turn up this time.

Hopefully the seagulls don't fly over and do what seagulls normally do....
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby BeersThen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 pm

1-1
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Without Doucoure I am always concerned we can be dominated in the middle of the park. That combined with an iffy defence means we are too likely to concede 2 goals a game, so this one will depend on Denney, Pereyra and Deulefeu ability to get amongst them.
Result: not a clue as usual.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Does anyone see anything that makes Ken Sema someone who should be playing in the Premiership?
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Sema is just a convenient whipping boy. He's not top class but he serviceable on the left. He's not and never will be a Pereyra. We need more players with better first touches and who are quick decision makers. Both in the back and in midfield. Then the rest of our "serviceable" types can get things done. We play slowly in the spine of the team, which helps keep the fullbacks penned in and the outside forwards well marked.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:53 pm

One game Foster will have a mare .. cannot keep saving us!

Very poor generally .

Maybe saving ourselves to beat Silva next week and get him the sack !!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Scoobykelbeardoo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Big thanks to foster good game today we have to be better than that com on lads where’s the passion
Scoobykelbeardoo
Gloryhorns Academy

Postby dorsetway » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Hmm so our concerns about the depth of team without a few key players is laid very bare. No Douc or Pereyra and our attacking falls apart.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm

dorsetway wrote:Hmm so our concerns about the depth of team without a few key players is laid very bare. No Douc or Pereyra and our attacking falls apart.

Yes. Chalobah could be an answer. He needs minutes. A lot of minutes. Quina eventually as well, but he also needs minutes.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Biggest worry was the lack of attacking threat mainly due to a complete lack of pace which could have troubled big physical but slow Brighton defenders .

BTW - what has happened to Kabasele ?
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:57 pm

I honestly think that Gracia is playing a very clever but honest game. He knows he has a pretty decent first eleven, and that this squad is once again close to fourth year safety in the Prem. He is saying "look what I am doing with the squad I inherited, and I am content right now to do the best I can with what you have given me".
He has to give squad players a turn at certain points in the season, and if we end up finishing 15th because Challobah, Doucoure, Pereyra, and Kabasele are injured or unfit, he can turn round to Pozzo in May and say.. There you go, I did my best with what you gave me....
Then next window he can tell GP which positions need strengthening over the summer. We might not like watching the eleven which played crap against Brighton, but for Gracia he is doing exactly what is required with the squad he's got. (and we are not yet a top ten side with the depth we have right now. Roll on the Summer when Chabs may be back to fitness, and we can get in a strong CB and it had better be a good proven replacement for Douc!!!!!!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:17 pm

dorsetway wrote:I honestly think that Gracia is playing a very clever but honest game. He knows he has a pretty decent first eleven, and that this squad is once again close to fourth year safety in the Prem. He is saying "look what I am doing with the squad I inherited, and I am content right now to do the best I can with what you have given me".
He has to give squad players a turn at certain points in the season, and if we end up finishing 15th because Challobah, Doucoure, Pereyra, and Kabasele are injured or unfit, he can turn round to Pozzo in May and say.. There you go, I did my best with what you gave me....
Then next window he can tell GP which positions need strengthening over the summer. We might not like watching the eleven which played crap against Brighton, but for Gracia he is doing exactly what is required with the squad he's got. (and we are not yet a top ten side with the depth we have right now. Roll on the Summer when Chabs may be back to fitness, and we can get in a strong CB and it had better be a good proven replacement for Douc!!!!!!

Probably so, but I doubt it's a game. I imagine it's in full consultation with Gino, Duxbury and the technical staff. You have to play the players to determine if they're good enough.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Yes I wasn't meaning he's "just playing games" - more like playing the game etc..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC