Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Blades

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Blades

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Have to be blunted ..

Win or bust really !
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Blades

Postby Inayellowshirt » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:02 am

Be like Brexit.

A draw, meaning we dont get anywhere
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby BeersThen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:31 am

Biggest game in 5 years according to some.

Hoping for 2-1, but fearing 0-1.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Have not a single clue (as usual) but lose and we can look forward to the toughest ever relegation battle...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Prodl ,Kabasele , Pereyra and Gray in

3-5-2?

Capoue , GD, Sarr and Dawson dropped .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Poor form requires brave but sensible changes. We have proven over 3 years we don't have a single decent FB defender, so a back three including a speedy Kabs makes total sense. Flores has dropped the key low energy players so all makes sense to me. Fingers crossed this bunch give it a right go..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:41 pm

38% possession and 1 shot on target in a must-win game. Dogshit.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Not really good enough .

Missed 2 great chances though .

Sarr straight down the tunnel with Doucoure .

Says it all when a defender is MOTM.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:14 pm

dorsetway wrote:Poor form requires brave but sensible changes. We have proven over 3 years we don't have a single decent FB defender, so a back three including a speedy Kabs makes total sense. Flores has dropped the key low energy players so all makes sense to me. Fingers crossed this bunch give it a right go..

Oh well I tried the confident approach.!
I would like to know if the club have properly looked at all player stats back to last February plus their individual video clips. What are players no longer doing or what are they doing wrong. How many times have they decided not to show say Femenia one of his many moments when he is still high up the pitch as a winger taps in to our net from the right side of our box.?
Oh to be a fly on the wall...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Actually it's noticeable that this is one of those "strange" seasons already.?
Us, Everton and Wolves near top 6 last March, now all struggling. Spurs in free fall. Leicester, Brighton and Bmth looking much brighter.?
Stale players stale teams stale managers...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Spurs, Muff, Chelski - can't see anything from that lot. 3pts after 11 games.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Capoue dropped or injured ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WatfordFC/st ... 19872?s=20

Looks fairly relxed and happy if it was the former !
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am

WFC4ever wrote:Capoue dropped or injured ?

Bad back, apparently
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks Newcastle, Wolves, Villa....so glad we parked the bus to get that vital home point against Sheff Utd.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm

All either score goals or can keep clean sheets - Villa seems to score 2 in most games at least.

Ok Newcastle got hammered last week mainly due to having 10 men v an in form Leicester side I think but their defensive record is good.

And had youngsters playing probably highly motivated whilst Wolves did a job on Man City then used their pace up front to counter attack.

Man U are hopeless - I reckon we could even nick a point off them...
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Ok so I have decided that half our players can't suddenly become the worst in their position in the Prem without reason. We have all had a good moan lately but I am convinced our underlying problem is basically "player burnout".
The last 3 seasons we started very well but blew up after Xmas at some point, and big time. Last season our key players pushed themselves to new upper limits but blew up yet again. My assumption is that the last 2 pre seasons were gruelling, and a lot of our players leave too much energy on the train pitch. Along with that certain players are passed their best so are particularly blown.?
Don't shout, I also don't understand this, but our problems are far deeper than a few tactics...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Kabasele thinks our attack is too good to go down - potentially it could be but we've not scored for 3 games and only netted twice in one game all season..

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/kabase ... od-go-down

Anyway we leak goals for fun so most of the goals we score probably won't matter and our attack keeps changing so often that no-one gets a settled run of games.

And by saying we just need belief that suggests a lack of confidence and positive mind set...
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:22 pm

It will take two or three big/influential January signings in key positions to save us from going down and nothing tells me we will avoid relegation this time around. There just aren't enough weak/stooge teams around us....
We've even lost two of the usual 6 home banker wins for the season....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 am

WFC4ever wrote:Kabasele thinks our attack is too good to go down - potentially it could be but we've not scored for 3 games and only netted twice in one game all season..

One of which was a gift and the other a penalty.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 am

dorsetway wrote:It will take two or three big/influential January signings in key positions to save us from going down and nothing tells me we will avoid relegation this time around.

Could be well adrift by then I'd have thought.
You'd have to pay over the odds to get people into a club in that position, and Gino won't and can't pay over the odds.
We're paying the price for an abysmal run since the semi-final and what looks like a completely inept pre-season, chasing for weeks and then spending £40m on someone who frankly, doesn't look ready for League 1.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 pm

BeersThen wrote:
dorsetway wrote:It will take two or three big/influential January signings in key positions to save us from going down and nothing tells me we will avoid relegation this time around.

Could be well adrift by then I'd have thought.
You'd have to pay over the odds to get people into a club in that position, and Gino won't and can't pay over the odds.
We're paying the price for an abysmal run since the semi-final and what looks like a completely inept pre-season, chasing for weeks and then spending £40m on someone who frankly, doesn't look ready for League 1.

Agree. GP has spent too much money and energy looking for young player stock, assuming our current squad is totally adequate for the next couple of seasons, after which some of our young guns will come of age and he can profit from a few sales. I hope this teaches him a big lesson because his approach to player acquisitions for a while has been terrible. Shout if I am wrong but aren't our biggest purchases in last two years Gray and Sarr (plus I guess Deulefeu, but he is far from the answer.!)
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Well none of our attacking players actually had much of a Pre-season with us .

Sarr and Welbeck signed days before the season started, Pereyra had extra time off due to International commitments whilst Deeney was carrying his knee injury and GD had some knock.

So really the only one with a full Pre season was Gray and well he isn't the answer despite his best efforts ..

No wonder we look disjointed and not got a settled side !

The defence is just too slow and not good enough on the ball.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:36 am

The defence and midfield have to commit to defending and helping each other. We have begun to see signs of that. If that continues, we will begin to create more attack.

Also, if QSF does play with 2 up top it will be iimportant to see if the return of Deeney helps. Having him lay the ball off to Welbeck or Sarr is an interesting thought. Deeney plus Ighalo was pretty potent. Welbeck and Deulofeu certainly are better than Ighalo, and Sarr's pace.....
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Unfortunately I think we probably miss Deeney more than ever, for his robust play, captaincy and leadership on the pitch.
Nice to see Kabs coming out of his shell, we need more..!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:34 pm

dorsetway wrote:Unfortunately I think we probably miss Deeney more than ever, for his robust play, captaincy and leadership on the pitch.
Nice to see Kabs coming out of his shell, we need more..!

Leadership at the back has been the reason Prodl is seeing time this year. Whoever is back there needs to take control and direct the midfield.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Next

Return to Watford FC