Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Sarr

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Sarr

Postby BeersThen » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Anyone aware of what's going on with our £30m signing?
Sudden leg injury before the Muff game despite no mention of it along updates about Deeney, Success etc.
Not that he set the world alight before that.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Sarr

Postby dorsetway » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 pm

He's probably in shock, having found out the reality of joining a jeckel and hyde team that told him they were going places in the Prem, found he doesn't like England, only 2 players can talk to him, and he can't get a game. God help Pedro in January...!!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Changing topic slightly, I wonder what's going to happen in January.?
Flores will want to strengthen, we will likely only have 2 wins under our belt, and GP will have some huge decisions to make regarding spending or not with relegation beckoning.
GP might just say use your full squad incl youngsters and coach your squad.?
It wouldn't surprise me if Flores walked away in January if they don't back him....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Well surely we aren't going to rely on Pedro to score us the goals to keep him up .

Sarr might be unsettled and has he actually played in his natural position yet ?

Bye Udinese having a bad time of it too - lost 3-0 tonight after a 7-1 hammering at the weekend !!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:37 am

Well tbh GP has said that he won't spend on overly expensive British players - hence we end up with either.. A) cut price foreign journeymen, b) not bad but ageing journeymen, and c) cheapish unknown 19 year olds to bolster their "stock" of potentially future superstars.
Over time the Pozzos have lost their way, concentrating too much on this so called business model, which I would say has fallen flat on its face other than Richarlison. They have forgotten that they need to be in Serie A and the Prem to attract the right players but they thrown too much money away on journeymen and no hopes in the last couple of years.
It's times like this that I envy teams like Burnley who build steadily and know how to built a steady mid table squad of tough, hard working players.
You don't hear other teams / managers wittering on about not being confident, not believing in themselves, having to play a defensive 5 man defence coz we just can't defend... But here we are.... And I am really hacked off with no light at the end of the tunnel....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm

So not fit to play for us, but ok for Senegal, but now crocked again.
Something not quite adding up.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am

I guess it's long been a fact that newcomers have to "wait for their chance" but these days when you spend big, the player expects to get games, esp if the team are under performing.
I wonder if the Sarr deal was pushed for by Gracia rather than a Pozzo idea, and that Flores doesn't rate him anyway.?
We really do need a bit more thought in some of our signings....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Players taking a while to settle in a new country is not a new thing. I expect that this is more common for players not used to the physicality of the Premier League. Injuries don't help. I think it's far too early to consider him a bust or assume that QSF doesn't rate him. A run out with the u23s seems a good idea to get him some minutes and some confidence.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby BeersThen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:57 pm

I guess the frustration is we've spent £30m on someone who will take time to settle, won't make an impact, not up with the physical nature of the league etc etc whilst ignoring other areas of the team that clearly needed investment. Doesn't look like the wisest move.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 pm

No - poor lad needed a good run of games in a side playing with confidence in his natural position.

Got none of that!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:50 am

On a similar theme, the club ought to to offer Fluminese a few extra bucks to bring Pedro over at the beginning of December. He's head is not right there and apparently he's been dropped.? Might as well get him training with our squad ASAP. I guess it would never happen though.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC