Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

QSF gone

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

QSF gone

Postby BeersThen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:53 am

Levanthal has gone all out claiming QSF is out the door today, and an 'unemployed manager from continental europe' is on the way in.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: QSF gone

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Well Chris Houghton is the favourite apprantley.

Sacked at Brighton for being too negative and not using new signings ..

Good Championship track record ..
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:59 pm

It has to be somebody that can breath some life into the team AND be fit to stay on in the championship....
Houghton and Clement won't lift this bunch so I have no idea who we need tbh. People say no to big Sam, but right now he's the only guy I can think of that would come in and make an impression.? He would def put the wind up some of our loafers plus sort out those that aren't up for giving 100 pct...? Who else..?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:05 pm

dorsetway wrote:It has to be somebody that can breath some life into the team AND be fit to stay on in the championship....
Houghton and Clement won't lift this bunch so I have no idea who we need tbh. People say no to big Sam, but right now he's the only guy I can think of that would come in and make an impression.? He would def put the wind up some of our loafers plus sort out those that aren't up for giving 100 pct...? Who else..?

Giovanni van Bronckhorst
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:48 am

Whoever comes in needs great inspirational skills. I still want to know how a dozen players can play very well for 4 months and then fall apart individually and as a unit.??
For 3 months now all we've heard is weak pleadings coming out from Flores and players and this has to stop, we look stupid and other clubs just love to hear it...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm

I still expect it to be a European based manager although the Mail are claiming our players want an English boss ..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Inayellowshirt » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 pm

Lee Johnson

Big Sam
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:10 pm

If it's Allardyce, honestly I'd burn everything WFC I own and move on to supporting a nice league 2 side somewhere....
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am

Why not give big Sam a six month contract with a big bonus for keeping us up, with Mullins as his assistant.?
If we go down Mullins steps into the manager role, and if stay up GP can work out a new direction....?
I am wondering if GP will watch Mullins over the next couple of weeks as caretaker, and if he gets some decent performances out of the team he will leave him in charge..?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Sounds like we have been knocked back by a few potential options .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:21 pm

I am hoping that Mullins puts us back to a 442 or a 451. Everybody complains about our CBs but the problem is our FBs. For some reason FB position has changed... The aren't many "Robbo" types anymore. A FB should own his corner first and foremost, not stand on the halfway line, and simple rules like one FB pushes up, the other stays deep as cover etc etc. Now they all want to play expansive football rather than defend like your life depends on it.
Go back to Dawson and Cathcart and find 2 FBs that are quick and know how to defend. Then a four man midfield, Or have Deeney up top as target man with a strong five man midfield getting up behind him...?
Please let's just have a right go!!!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm

dorsetway wrote:I am hoping that Mullins puts us back to a 442 or a 451. Everybody complains about our CBs but the problem is our FBs. For some reason FB position has changed... The aren't many "Robbo" types anymore. A FB should own his corner first and foremost, not stand on the halfway line, and simple rules like one FB pushes up, the other stays deep as cover etc etc. Now they all want to play expansive football rather than defend like your life depends on it.
Go back to Dawson and Cathcart and find 2 FBs that are quick and know how to defend. Then a four man midfield, Or have Deeney up top as target man with a strong five man midfield getting up behind him...?
Please let's just have a right go!!!

You're not wrong about FBs, but our choices are few. Which of these blokes do you think can hold down their corner?

Holebas - gets tired and too undisciplined?
Masina - too slow?
Femenia - too soft, gets tired?
Foulquier - too slow?
Janmaat - too fragile, gets tired?

I'm stating that the above are facts - I'm not an expert, but I don't think I'm too far off.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:37 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Sounds like we have been knocked back by a few potential options .

Quique Setien the current favourite, but that could change by teatime. Never heard of him.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Pizza... Agree we have little choice right now but I would even consider putting Mapps at fullback, he's not perfect but he does read the game and understands defensive duties over flying forward and will battle for 90 mins.? If we can get Wilmot back I would even go with him at FB.... Young and energetic is what we lack.
Watching Leicester the other day, their attack play was a million miles faster than us and they get a few forward together...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:13 pm

dorsetway wrote:Pizza... Agree we have little choice right now but I would even consider putting Mapps at fullback, he's not perfect but he does read the game and understands defensive duties over flying forward and will battle for 90 mins.? If we can get Wilmot back I would even go with him at FB.... Young and energetic is what we lack.
Watching Leicester the other day, their attack play was a million miles faster than us and they get a few forward together...

I don't know about Mariappa, but I do agree that the priority in choosing should be:
1) healthy enough to play hard for 90
2) committed to doing the job assigned by the manager
3) Athleticism
4) Ability to join in the attack (assuming that's not #2).

Problems with #1 acknowledged, I think we've skipped over #2 a bit to much (and even #1**) in favour of 3 and 4.

** Whilst I give Femenia credit for heading out with all of that support tape on his legs, you knew we were going to have to burn a sub there and that he'd be limited. I might have made a different choice there, especially against a side like Southampton.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:07 pm

I wonder if Femenia would be better placed at Right Midfield.? He played well there once with Janmaat behind him and he links well with forwards.?
New manager needs to come in with fresh ideas....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Maybe Mullins might give a few Under 23a a go in the squad ?!

I mean we probably won't get anything at Leicester regardless of who plays !!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:09 pm

dorsetway wrote:I wonder if Femenia would be better placed at Right Midfield.? He played well there once with Janmaat behind him and he links well with forwards.?
New manager needs to come in with fresh ideas....

Gracia was essentially using him as a winger I thought, but his crosses seemed to have deserted him this year. Thought he was better there last year.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Nigel Pearson seems favourite now - going for anyone I guess.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:09 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Nigel Pearson seems favourite now - going for anyone I guess.

Cue his immediate request for a few athletic brutes to be brought in next month..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Looks that way. Wonder if Shakespeare will come with him.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:25 pm

dorsetway wrote:
WFC4ever wrote:Nigel Pearson seems favourite now - going for anyone I guess.

Cue his immediate request for a few athletic brutes to be brought in next month..

Did well at Leicester and doesn't take fools gladly .

Had quite a falling out at Derby though and a short fuse .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC