Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Palace..

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Palace..

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:47 am

According to their fans we're going to kick and hack our way to a win unless the ref sends all our players off..

(With our luck regarding VAR someone probably will!)

Anyway guess Pereyra (now that is someone who won't put a foot in..) will come in for GD.

Hopefully get a win - with Deeney and Capoue scoring just to wind them up even more and Zaha get booked for diving or something!

Even the Palace fans admit he is easy to wind up..
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Palace..

Postby dorsetway » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Play like last week we win, play like bozos we lose or draw. In some ways it could be down to which of Saha or Sarr has the most impact.?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Palace do like a 1-0.

Seems like we have lacked ideas.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Scoobykelbeardoo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Thought we might score hope villa lose both now
Scoobykelbeardoo
Gloryhorns Academy

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Was hoping for better of course. It goes without saying that Pearson has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, but...

I don't see the point of having both Gray and Welbeck in a team with Deeney as the starter. If they both see the pitch it's a dead certainty that you'll be chasing a goal late. If I need a desperation miracle in the last 5 minutes I'd like to have an option to go to that has some magic in their boots - which I don't know that either do. I'd have rather seen Pedro or even Penaranda on the bench. I wouldn't even consider starting either of them, but when you're down 1 - from the 80th minute onward, what you're looking for is that moment of brilliance, not 90 minutes of EPL 2 shift work.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:40 pm

It's time for NP to make 100% sure that we have 11 fully committed players out on the pitch and pull anyone who is not giving everything they've got all thru the games.
Pereyra clearly doesn't fit the mould and needs a talking to. This was my main bugbear with GD but he has become a new player compared with Mr sulky of last season, he will be missed.
Pussetto should take GDs place with Pedro to get last 30 mins of games...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Even Pearson said we didn't shoot enough.

Also seems Sarr couldn't get into the game.

They defended well whereas ours was quite weak for the winner .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:12 pm

I think our woes start when we face any turgid team that are happy to sit back and take their chances. When we do that we lose midfield and lose the match, therefore we try to play on the front foot but can't very often break teams down.
However when we play a good attacking team we stay more organised and play very well on the break as happened v Liverpool.
For a year now most teams let us play a bit so they can catch us on the break knowing our defence is quite slow....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:03 pm

So we will beat Leicester..

After that?!

You are right - we try to walk the ball and our lack of pace generally can get shown up apart from Sarr.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:40 pm

Villa look truly awful tonight. They've got Chelsea, Wolves, Man U and Liverpool next 4 games.
Hard to see them staying up on current form.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:21 am

I am wondering if the relegation battle will stay tight to the wire with teams struggling for the odd point along the way, any teams in the bottom 6 that win 3 games stay up, and maybe a few go down with around 31 points..?
A crystal ball would be nice..!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm

WFC4ever wrote:So we will beat Leicester..

After that?!

You are right - we try to walk the ball and our lack of pace generally can get shown up apart from Sarr.

Not 100% but I would say Leicester are a bit of a counter attacking side so not sure they will press us like Liverpool did.? Close game coming but a win would be great..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC