Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Palace

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Palace

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am

A game we must not lose I feel.

Walter has gone on a Jose type rant against the officials - let's see where that gets us!!

Not sure it will be a positive move...

He seems pretty confident the 2 week break has done us some good.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Palace

Postby BeersThen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:54 am

Huge game for Palace and another step away from the drop - I think they'll scrape it.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I predict a thoroughly deflating 3-1 loss
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby dorsetway » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Massive game for both teams ! If we win it then we are probably only two draws from safety, but lose again and the descent into a full relegation struggle begins !
A lot depends on how much work has been done over the last two weeks, and whether the team can put in a better TEAM performance. I predict a gritty nil nil bore draw .
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I think that having someone who can play right back in Janmaat (hopefully for the whole match) will make all the difference in the world. The only way Walt can muck this up is by playing a sick Capoue. We need players who are ready to run full speed.

Janmaat --- Prodl -- Britos -- Holebas

--------------- Behrami

Amrabat ---- Cleverly ----- Niang

---------- Success --- Deeney
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby pog88 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Can't understand putting Cathcart up against Zaha
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby pog88 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Turgid stuff. Janmaat doing what he's been doing all season on the wing - fark all

Capoue's got his invisibility cloak on again

Lots of nice hoofs as always
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby Cenobite » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm

pog88 wrote:Can't understand putting Cathcart up against Zaha

Bizarre but thankfully Palace haven't made the most of it yet.

A dreadful Championship style game. Cabaye really is a big girls blouse.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby Cenobite » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Great goal Troy.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby pog88 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm

F*** sake. What the hell was Deeney thinking

Getting absolutely what we deserve, been absolutely dreadful
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Clearly nothing was done during the break...
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Dodsy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:54 pm

that was a dreadful game of football
Dodsy
Forum Legend

Postby mark_wfc » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

The ales were excellent
Both pubs were flid free.
Hoofcunter.KILTCUNTER.
copyright VIC.18.8.09. Beardycunter. Pozzocunter, Both copyright VIC 29/6/12.©
mark_wfc
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Walt says we were unlucky, I say we were absolutely crap

Team selection was timid. Cathcart has consistently shown he's a square peg in a round hole at fullback, just as Janmaat has shown he's no winger. Palace were Sh*t, and there for the taking, yet we had 2 fullbacks that barely crossed the halfway line.

The hoofing is utterly depressing. It's not that were a setup to play like that, it's just that the game plan is so poor that the players resort to it. The other thing is our stupidity in fouling when there is simply no need. It's a combination of slow and surly players.

Walt is not the right fit for us. He says he's here for the long term, yet he still doesn't speak a word of English?

f****** depressing
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby Bert Slaters Cap » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

mark_wfc wrote:The ales were excellent
Both pubs were flid free.

Spot on! :-)
Bert Slaters Cap

Postby Inayellowshirt » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am

Seems to me that the set up for yesterday was to not to try and win, just to not lose.

We lost.

I think we still have to be happy with our league position, we know it could be better... but the football at the moment is utter dog turd. Once again we seem to have a second half of the season where it's awful to watch, but should scrape us over the line. The objective is not to get relegated, but who wants to watch us at the moment?

We now have two weeks of fark all to do but mope about this loss, with no glimmer of hope in sight. (unless the Pozzo's do something)
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Inayellowshirt wrote:Seems to me that the set up for yesterday was to not to try and win, just to not lose.

We lost.

I think we still have to be happy with our league position, we know it could be better... but the football at the moment is utter dog turd. Once again we seem to have a second half of the season where it's awful to watch, but should scrape us over the line. The objective is not to get relegated, but who wants to watch us at the moment?

We now have two weeks of fark all to do but mope about this loss, with no glimmer of hope in sight. (unless the Pozzo's do something)

Agreed. Janmaat must have pictures of Walt's missus or something. No idea why he won't play in at right back if we're attempting a back 4. If we survive, Gino needs to have a proper sit-down with Wally. They either need full set of proper wing-backs, or admit a back 4 is necessary - and go get some proper fullbacks. We have neither, so we play extra men deep.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:02 pm

The problem is that WM continues with his mad-hatter decisions ! Playing 4 centre halves is crazy, they have little pace and then having a striker and a fullback playing wide in midfield makes no sense at all. I believe we are now 50/50 to go down, and probably won't be in our own hands - we just need to hope that the bottom 3 don't win more than 3 more games.!!! (I think the best we will do is possibly 3 draws.)
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby pog88 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Things have to change.

I find this the most unlikeable group of players I've ever witnessed at Watford. Far too many of them have terrible attitudes, and it comes across in the way we play and our overall discipline

Added to that we have a manager that couldn't be more distant from the fans if he tried

Its 5 years of constant overhauls finally catching up with us I feel
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 am

The goal was a bit unlucky in terms of Niang appeared to be fouled but still silly foul to give away by Prödl and Deeney totally misjudged his header!

Once again looked like we had one shot on goal which we will always be in trouble...
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Cenobite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 am

pog88 wrote:Things have to change.

I find this the most unlikeable group of players I've ever witnessed at Watford. Far too many of them have terrible attitudes, and it comes across in the way we play and our overall discipline

Added to that we have a manager that couldn't be more distant from the fans if he tried

Its 5 years of constant overhauls finally catching up with us I feel

Thats the Premier League for you. Its all about global audiences now and the local fans don't matter other than to fill the stadium as window dressing. I said when we missed out on promotion a few years back that I welcomed another season chasing promotion rather than achieving it.

You won't see too many young players getting a chance any more, it'll be mostly foreign players looking for a big salary. They don't come to Watford because they want to win things - its purely for the cash.

I can't help but wonder what the likes of Success are doing if week after week we are told they aren't fit enough to start. Is that the player at fault or the staff?

I wonder if Prodl will get a dressing down and a big fine for his stupidity which cost us the match? I suspect not. Don't want to upset them. Much like Conte praising Costa for not getting sent off after getting an early yellow card for a dive. Crazy.

The game has been ruined by money. The sooner the tv money dries up the better but that won't happen ant time soon.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby dorsetway » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 am

Agree - This whole "fitness level" issue is way past a joke !
We seem to be the only team in the Prem that can't get certain players fit over 7 months of the season. OK so match fitness is higher than basic levels but I remember when players were given a special fitness regime to get them fully fit. All this rubbish about not having a pre-season etc etc is rubbish, a player that really wants to get fitter can do, they just have to get on with it and grow a pair !
I have been really uptight since Xmas about our poor performances and form and concerned we might go down, but this weekend I decided to stop worrying about it, what will be will be, and maybe relegation will deliver yet another very hard lesson to the Pozzos of the mistakes they keep making ? I prefer watching us in the C/Ship anyway - being in the Prem is over-rated and poor for the heart.

The owners need to realise that their policy of picking up cheap global players in the hope of raising their value for sell-on is a great idea, but this has to be a side-show besides the real business of running a club in the Prem ! They have to start investing in the odd ready-made player as needed to fill a specific role or position. Cleverly and Kaboul are the first of that ilk but its way way too late in the season. We cannot continue to have 9 new players every summer hoping to shoe-horn 4 of them into one position or another, in hope it might work out !
Rant over .......
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby optymyst » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 am

Spot on.
optymyst
Gloryhorns Academy

Return to Watford FC