Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Another official signing. Andre Gray

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Another official signing. Andre Gray

Postby 1974 golden boy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Could be a busy week this week. Beginning to feel a little more optimistic now.
1974 golden boy
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Another official signing. Andre Gray

Postby 1974 golden boy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Sticking by my guns with Deeney by the way, the transfer fee just dropped by 5 million but cant see him staying now even if he had ddcided he wanted to.
1974 golden boy
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby Cenobite » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm

No official word on the fee except that its a new club record.

I suspect the club will want to keep Troy but unless they are planning to play with 2 strikers, I can't see him wanting to stay. A decent bid and a guarantee of being the 'main man' and he'll be off.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby 1974 golden boy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Both his favoured positions are taken now number one striker went today, support striker/ creative went yesterday. Deeney does a job, and has served us well. But in two days he's gone from only hope of a goal to off the bench if we need one.
If we don't cash in now he's a burden on the wage bill. Has to go im afraid.
1974 golden boy
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Not really fussed. I would of course happily keep him, and I can't imagine he's too bothered about going now Walt's out the picture. He's good mates with Gray as well so I doubt he's going to be too miffed about us signing him

Ultimately the club need to keep goalscorers, especially given I feel Troy probably has a point to prove after last year
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:35 pm

If someone knocked our socks off with a massive offer we'd sell. I doubt that coming off of surgery that will be forthcoming. If I'm Gino I see what he does being healthy - under a better manager - with proper service (Pereyra, Feminia, etc.). I expect a significant upturn in form.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby Inayellowshirt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Would be very happy for Troy to stay, but have a nagging feeling we are planning for life without him
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby dorsetway » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 am

Inayellowshirt wrote:Would be very happy for Troy to stay, but have a nagging feeling we are planning for life without him

I have been waiting for an announcement all week regarding TD, and agree with 1974gb that it is still more likely he will go than stay with us. I guess it all depends on TD now - he was told that he was not nailed on to retain the captaincy, he has pined to go back to Birmingham for a year or so, and now he has forward players around him who have more class/skill than he does ? If he wants to stay then fine but I can't see him wanting to hang around now (especially if say Prodl gets the captaincy).
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Return to Watford FC