Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Players leaving?

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Players leaving?

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Players leaving?

Postby notsure » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Keep Okaka and sell Deeney
‎'But if that is not enough for you, Devil, I have also pissed and Sh*t; wipe your mouth on that and take a hearty bite.' Martin Luther
notsure
Star Poster

Postby optymyst » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 pm

notsure wrote:Keep Okaka and sell Deeney

Seconded.
optymyst
Gloryhorns Academy

Postby pog88 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Okaka is underrated in my opinion, he has a bit of everything you want from a striker. I'd sooner cash in on Deeney than sell Okaka, who despite being on par (at least) would go for probably a quarter of what we'd sell Deeney for.

Amrabat can go. He's not going to improve, and he's gone backwards since the start of the year. The only saving grace for him is that he is relatively sound defensively, which probably puts him ahead of Success. I think if Janmaat wasn't such a sick note, Amrabat would be long gone
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 pm

pog88 wrote:Okaka is underrated in my opinion, he has a bit of everything you want from a striker. I'd sooner cash in on Deeney than sell Okaka, who despite being on par (at least) would go for probably a quarter of what we'd sell Deeney for.

Amrabat can go. He's not going to improve, and he's gone backwards since the start of the year. The only saving grace for him is that he is relatively sound defensively, which probably puts him ahead of Success. I think if Janmaat wasn't such a sick note, Amrabat would be long gone

Deeney certainly has more market value, however, Okaka hasn't proven he can stay healthy for any length of time - at any stop. I'm not sure how many strikers Silva really wants, but I'd be nervous about putting all my eggs in that basket. One bad challenge on Gray and we could be at zero centre forwards in a heartbeat. Assuming the numbers work out, I keep Amrabat at least until December. Janmaat is a piece of glass and Carillo isn't here - much less a proven commodity.

If I were trying to get cash back in, I would be more inclined to see Capoue. There would be a market for him. Again, I'd rather keep him, but he has value.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby Inayellowshirt » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am

Can Deeney play left back?
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby Cenobite » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:35 am

Another vote for Okaka here! A much better option than Deeney. I'd say keep them both but Troy's huge wages and potential high transfer fee have to be taken into account.

Amrabat has put the work in but for whatever reason he hasn't really progressed. His defensive work is decent and he's got real pace and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily but those crosses just don't seem to find their mark. He never gets into goal scoring positions either.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Success to Hull?

Didn't really impress on Tuesday but then who did!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Cenobite » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Disappointing to see him go but hopefully its just a loan move to get him fit and have a proper look at him. He needs a run of games which he's never had with us.

Presumably that means Amrabat will stay?
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby pog88 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Very injury prone, and the rumour is that he's on par with Deeney when it comes to piling on the pounds

Good player in there though, would probably benefit from 30/40 games in the Championship. On form he'd make mincemeat of that league
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby dorsetway » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:11 pm

I think we are seeing the power of a strong manager here, one who knows how he wants to play and the type of players needed to do the job ?
A year ago we were hoping that Amrabat and Success were the future, but I get the impression that Silva told GP that yes he was happy to join WFC but that he wanted the funds to put together a "capable" squad, and to get rid of those that did not have the technical ability to play high tempo footy. We know from last year that ball possession was our main downfall, and Silva knows it, so he will want a decent number of technical players in the squad, and he doesn't seem shy on pointing out those players that just aren't up to his game plan ? (A far cry from last season when WM must have been told to get on with it and mould a team out of the existing squad apart from getting in Pereyra and Zarate in January.)
It's clear that Silva won't allow players to be lazy or complacent, so I am sure he will get us playing like a decent Prem team this season. If we get a decent LB in soon I feel confident we will finish in the top 12 .....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby Cenobite » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 am

It does feel as though Silva is very much in charge regarding the make up of the squad which is a big change. I suspect a few have probably got the idea that spitting their dummy and causing trouble will see them out the door pronto.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Regarding players in..

Still in for Gibbs it seems and got a French full back from Granada - plays right back rather than left where we are lacking though. 
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby pog88 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/sport/1550 ... aka_chase/

I think this is stupid personally, and his ommision from the last two squads means its probably true
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby dorsetway » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am

pog88 wrote:http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/sport/15500300.Udinese_reportedly_join_Everton_and_West_Brom_in_Okaka_chase/

I think this is stupid personally, and his ommision from the last two squads means its probably true

Not sure about all the rumours on Okaka and Deeney, but I have to assume we are still looking to get in more players including another striker ? Silva clearly not not prescribe to having a "big lone striker to hoof it up to" and he seems to want a very mobile attacking unit ? We are just not used to the idea of not having the old fashioned big-man up front..... (I get the impression that Silva wants to play with an interchanging and fast moving front three - so maybe Richarlison, Gray, Carrillo, Pererya + a new guy will simply be "the attack" with no specific provision for a typical centre forward ?????
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:21 am

Be a shame to lose Okaka.

Useful lone striker to hold the ball up or to come on as a sub and give defenders the run around..

Certainly more than Gray did on Saturday.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 pm

Wolves wanted Okaka but he rejected them.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... lves-move/
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC