Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby BeersThen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:08 pm

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager

Pretty much second favourite now after Unsworth, and ahead of Dyche and Allardyce...
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:55 am
Location: hampshiiire

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk
 

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Bookies sometimes get it wrong ..
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Don't see it myself. The Everton squad is not compatible with how Silva plays, and It would take several transfer windowss to put that right
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby dorsetway » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:40 am

Realistically Silva would be mad to leave us mid season, BUT - I have a nagging fear that there is something not quite right between him and the way the club dealt with the last transfer window ? Eg he wanted Slimani and the club didn't make it happen, plus the last minute loanees from Udinese, who he is clearly not interested in.
At Everton he will get most of the choice on new players plus decent backing, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out..... Personally I think Silva knows he is onto a good thing at WFC, not too much pressure or expectation, and he can prove himself over the next few years, fingers crossed !!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Plus he wasn't happy about Amrabat going and the Okaka situation..
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby Cenobite » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:09 pm

The poor luv. Fancy not giving him everything his heart desires along with a huge career opportunity and a MAHUSIVE salary to go with it! What terrible employers he has.
Cenobite
Forum Grinch
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Brizzle ma nizzle

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby Inayellowshirt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 am

Everton have better fans
Image
User avatar
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker
 
Posts: 22454
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:02 pm
Location: 51 38' 59.62N 0 24' 05.13W

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Hm...rather hope he doesn't go but might think it saves being sacked in 6 months!

Be under big pressure at Everton for instant results and "success" and probably isn't the big name they want.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41977289
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby BeersThen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:58 pm

According to that source of all knowledge, Jim White of Sky and Talksport (ahem), Silva wants to chat with them.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:55 am
Location: hampshiiire

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Everton fans seem confident he will join:

But how many want him?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/thre ... 9/page-662
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am

It would be extremely poor form for him to jump ship at this stage.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby dorsetway » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 pm

I feel sure now he will go. Gutted at first but hey it might cause a bit of a short term problem but we know GP has his head screwed on, and he might already be lining up a replacement as we speak ?
If we can't trust Silva to keep his mind on WFC for more than 11 games then we don't want him even if it does mean we finish 17th again instead of 10th !!!
After all the fuss he will probably stay and make us look like a load of rancid fans, but that's what happens when you play dumb on matters of integrity !
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 pm

He might want to leave but the club are holding firm it seems..

Until the end of the season when we either sack him or Silva quits anyway..

They now seem to think we will sack him in a few weeks because that is what the Pozzos do - we have had 3 managers in 3 years just like Everton !!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 am

I'm not fussed now. You know full well that Gino has a whole host of people in mind if Marco wants out, and we'll carry on as normal

Despite our semi decent start, we've still conceded a relegation amount of goals.

If we lose on Sunday then even without the interest in him, I would imagine many would begin to question his ability, me included
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby dorsetway » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 am

Quite concerned about Sunday TBH. Four scenarios, he's leaving, he's still tight lipped, he comes out and says he's staying for now, or he's staying and was never interested in leaving us.
That's three out of four scenarios for Sunday which leave the whole club, team and us in a quandary and won't bode well for the game which is another big one !
It does need sorting very quickly....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 am

Reported today that Everton are willing to offer £2m more. Whoopty doo

They are obivously aware that the money is utterly meaningless to us. Its a dirty move by Everton to keep pressuring us to let him go. The amount of stories in the media as well about doubling his salary etc. seem very much like an Everton official has by talking to the papers.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby Inayellowshirt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 am

dorsetway wrote:Quite concerned about Sunday TBH. Four scenarios, he's leaving, he's still tight lipped, he comes out and says he's staying for now, or he's staying and was never interested in leaving us.
That's three out of four scenarios for Sunday which leave the whole club, team and us in a quandary and won't bode well for the game which is another big one !
It does need sorting very quickly....


Schrodinger says there are only two scenarios

1. He stays
2. He's dead
Image
User avatar
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker
 
Posts: 22454
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:02 pm
Location: 51 38' 59.62N 0 24' 05.13W

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby PizzaNBeer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Everton to Silva's agent: "Oi, want to come?"
Silva's agent: "Make me an offer"
Everton to Gino: "Oi, we'd like to make your bloke an offer..."
Gino to Everton: "Feck off"
Silva: "Get me a left back, a reserve keeper, an attacking mid who doesn't break every 30 minutes, a center back who doesn't break every 20 minutes... and another striker. Preferably none of whom have ever failed at Udinese"

Edit....
Everton: Leak ludicrous and false money offers to the press to tap up the target.
Gino to Everton: "I repeat, Feck off... and you do realize we know barristers too?"

Not happening. Nothing to see here.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby madhorn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Everton have reportedly offered £10m. for MS and are going to pay him £3 .5m per yr.
Pozzos will screw more out of them and I guess he will go.
My view is if he wants to go, let him.
He is miles better than Mazzari but he is no GT and not even in Dyche's league. I'd take Jokanovic back if he wanted to come!!
madhorn
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 pm

madhorn wrote:Everton have reportedly offered £10m. for MS and are going to pay him £3 .5m per yr.
Pozzos will screw more out of them and I guess he will go.
My view is if he wants to go, let him.
He is miles better than Mazzari but he is no GT and not even in Dyche's league. I'd take Jokanovic back if he wanted to come!!


Jokanovic is vastly overrated by our fan base. Had an easy job stearing the best squad in the division to promotion, and has done little at Fulham to suggest the Pozzo's were wrong in getting rid
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Sums up modern football though - few years ago 10 million would have got you a decent striker and even another player!

And that is for a manager with potential rather than a proven top class one (which is what the Everton fans want)

Slav seemed good tactically and made some good changes but helped by having Ighalo and Deeney in great form - still wasn't convinced about the defence at the time (and nor now!)
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster
 
Posts: 18497
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Harpenden.

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby dorsetway » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm

This is when you start to crave for a good old fashioned british manager, that will give his all, beat his chest, let you down on occasions, but will always be there giving it his all ....
Right now I would love to take Dyche back - he is one of the best managers out there. I guess some of this is "what goes around comes around" ?
I think things have probably hit the fan this week ? GP says NO Silva cannot leave, but Silva now realises that he has burned some bridges with the club, and we will be lining up a replacement manager for July no matter what (because he can't be trusted) - so he might now be thinking that he has to go now anyway ?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm

dorsetway wrote:This is when you start to crave for a good old fashioned british manager, that will give his all, beat his chest, let you down on occasions, but will always be there giving it his all ....
Right now I would love to take Dyche back - he is one of the best managers out there. I guess some of this is "what goes around comes around" ?
I think things have probably hit the fan this week ? GP says NO Silva cannot leave, but Silva now realises that he has burned some bridges with the club, and we will be lining up a replacement manager for July no matter what (because he can't be trusted) - so he might now be thinking that he has to go now anyway ?


Dyche? The reason why clubs are so cautious about approaching him is that his success is built on a foundation of British players. No club with top 6 ambitions has a squad full of British players.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby dorsetway » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

pog88 wrote:
dorsetway wrote:This is when you start to crave for a good old fashioned british manager, that will give his all, beat his chest, let you down on occasions, but will always be there giving it his all ....
Right now I would love to take Dyche back - he is one of the best managers out there. I guess some of this is "what goes around comes around" ?
I think things have probably hit the fan this week ? GP says NO Silva cannot leave, but Silva now realises that he has burned some bridges with the club, and we will be lining up a replacement manager for July no matter what (because he can't be trusted) - so he might now be thinking that he has to go now anyway ?


Dyche? The reason why clubs are so cautious about approaching him is that his success is built on a foundation of British players. No club with top 6 ambitions has a squad full of British players.


That's a good point, I wasn't thinking about the type of players we tend to buy. Mind you if you gave Dyche say Richarlison - I din't think he could go far wrong !? (Dyche versus Holebas would be interesting though.)
I just think that certain managers think they are a bit special and above the club. Maybe Silva was a bit too high on the "decent european manager" scope for a smaller club like WFC ? He has made it obvious that his aims are to manage right at the top, so he doesn't really fit us ....
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Reserve
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am
Location: Poole

Re: Silva to Everton: Odds Tumble

Postby pog88 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 pm

dorsetway wrote:
pog88 wrote:
dorsetway wrote:This is when you start to crave for a good old fashioned british manager, that will give his all, beat his chest, let you down on occasions, but will always be there giving it his all ....
Right now I would love to take Dyche back - he is one of the best managers out there. I guess some of this is "what goes around comes around" ?
I think things have probably hit the fan this week ? GP says NO Silva cannot leave, but Silva now realises that he has burned some bridges with the club, and we will be lining up a replacement manager for July no matter what (because he can't be trusted) - so he might now be thinking that he has to go now anyway ?


Dyche? The reason why clubs are so cautious about approaching him is that his success is built on a foundation of British players. No club with top 6 ambitions has a squad full of British players.


That's a good point, I wasn't thinking about the type of players we tend to buy. Mind you if you gave Dyche say Richarlison - I din't think he could go far wrong !? (Dyche versus Holebas would be interesting though.)
I just think that certain managers think they are a bit special and above the club. Maybe Silva was a bit too high on the "decent european manager" scope for a smaller club like WFC ? He has made it obvious that his aims are to manage right at the top, so he doesn't really fit us ....


That's why Dyche would never have worked here. You couldn't give him a group of players every summer and tell him to get on with it. He's a manager in the tradional sense, I would imagine he has near total autonomy over who is brought in at Burnley. Holebas is probably a better player than Stephen Ward, but you would bet that Dyche would never have Holebas in his side.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 am

Next

Return to Watford FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests