Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

BYE BYE SILVA

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

BYE BYE SILVA

Postby dorsetway » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 am

The only thing to do eh ?
What an arrogant so and so he was....
So who will come in ????

BIG lesson learned- don't bring in managers or players that clearly view us as a stepping stone ! That's why SIlva's head was turned so easily !!
Last edited by dorsetway on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: BYE BYE SILVA

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

Some random who will start well but soon go to pot!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 am

WFC4ever wrote:Some random who will start well but soon go to pot!

Hope not ! This time it needs to be somebody that can "coach" a defence properly and energise the team. Four month contract for Gus Hiddink maybe ??
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:04 pm

I think its easy to blame Silva, but I do think the club shoulder a lot of the blame. Two seasons running we've had 6 or more first team players out for prolonged periods.

I also think to blame the Everton speculation for his sacking is a bit ridiculous. Surely they knew this 2 months ago, why wait until now?

Shambles
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby dorsetway » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

pog88 wrote:I think its easy to blame Silva, but I do think the club shoulder a lot of the blame. Two seasons running we've had 6 or more first team players out for prolonged periods.

I also think to blame the Everton speculation for his sacking is a bit ridiculous. Surely they knew this 2 months ago, why wait until now?

Shambles

I think they gave him the benefit of doubt, but I reckon they realised that retaining Silva was paralysing their January transfer activity. Silva badly wanted Slimani but we were never going to shell out £25m for a 29 year old unproven in the Prem, when it was 90% certain that SIlva would leave us in the Summer. I also assume that Silva was poking sh!t at most players that the club has been suggesting recently - and so there was only one way this was going to pan out ?

What always annoyed me was Silva's arrogance in August when we brought in the 2 last minute Udinese loanees plus Zeeglar .... can you imagine any other mid to bottom team manager reacting in such an insolent manner ? Our zonal marking and general defensive form were terrible but it was clear that Silva's approach to coaching for the Prem was plainly no good.
Above all he was appalling at energising the squad, to me he was only interested in our best 5 players and made it clear the others "were not good enough" for him ....
Terrible personality to have around. At least the new manager can take a good look at the squad and set them up in a way we can compete each game, rather than try and play the same way every single game !
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Silva really must have a dedicated PR team. The press are making out he's the most talented manager of the generation, despite relegating one side, and setting the groundwork for the next
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby mark_wfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Also worth noting that watfordfc did not even wish Silva good luck, or even thank him for his work. That speaks volumes.
Hoofcunter.KILTCUNTER.
copyright VIC.18.8.09. Beardycunter. Pozzocunter, Both copyright VIC 29/6/12.©
mark_wfc
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby mark_wfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-tripped-over-ambition-watford-everton-manager-sacked-a8170751.html

Marco Silva tripped over his own ambition and stumbled out of Watford with bonds damaged beyond repair
Hoofcunter.KILTCUNTER.
copyright VIC.18.8.09. Beardycunter. Pozzocunter, Both copyright VIC 29/6/12.©
mark_wfc
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:40 pm

mark_wfc wrote:Also worth noting that watfordfc did not even wish Silva good luck, or even thank him for his work. That speaks volumes.

Indeed.

Also highlights why you shouldn't fark with Gino. There's a lot of info in the papers today, which makes me think the club have passed on just enough to make sure Marco comes across like a tw**.
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby Callys_Disco » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:55 pm

mark_wfc wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-tripped-over-ambition-watford-everton-manager-sacked-a8170751.html

Marco Silva tripped over his own ambition and stumbled out of Watford with bonds damaged beyond repair

Amazing given that The Indy hates us. Mirror and quite a few others pretty understanding as well.
Callys_Disco
Star Poster

Postby pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Callys_Disco wrote:
mark_wfc wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-tripped-over-ambition-watford-everton-manager-sacked-a8170751.html

Amazing given that The Indy hates us. Mirror and quite a few others pretty understanding as well.

Mike Walters at The Mirror is a Watford fan, always tends to have the most accurate info.

I do think the club 'leaked' info to the press, making sure Silva came off badly
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Players probably did too or agents at least saying they wanting to go with Silva to Everton.

Anyway no point in worrying about him now.

Time to support the new man as he has a job to do although if you believe some on the BBC suite we should be happy with being 10th 4 points off the bottom 3 and having 1 game in 11.

:roll:
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby WFC4ever » Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am

Off to Everton then to replace Big Sam.

Seems like the Pozzos are still after some compensation though!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Off to Everton then to replace Big Sam.

I reckon that with Silva's current comp claim against us, GP has decided to inter-twine his claim with our grudge of Everton's tapping-up etc ? I suspect GP's main aim is to get Everton to cover Silva's comp, but then again maybe he want's to use Silva's impending move to Everton to prove our claims of six months ago, and thereby get our own compensation from Everton in the process ?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm

dorsetway wrote:
WFC4ever wrote:Off to Everton then to replace Big Sam.

I reckon that with Silva's current comp claim against us, GP has decided to inter-twine his claim with our grudge of Everton's tapping-up etc ? I suspect GP's main aim is to get Everton to cover Silva's comp, but then again maybe he want's to use Silva's impending move to Everton to prove our claims of six months ago, and thereby get our own compensation from Everton in the process ?

Probably something along those lines. I think more basically, GP is angry and trying to send a message. "Little Watford" can't be treated like a 3rd division side (unless of course you're so bloody rich like ManCiteh that you can do as you like). Everton Stepped on us and Gino is punching back - probably partly for the money, partly based on principle and partly to send a message to the rest of the league. The is a slice of "mid-sized" clubs like Wet Spam, Everton, etc. that likely feel that they can behave like the big boys and have no repercussions. I think GP is ending a message.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Return to Watford FC