Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Abdoulaye Doucouré

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm

So will he still be our player come the start of next season or will the rumours of a big club after him become reality?

How much would Gino and co want for him...

Probably over 20 million - it seems Arsenal is his preferred destination - for now anyway.

To think just over a year ago we nearly let Doucoure go for basically nothing.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Abdoulaye Doucouré

Postby dorsetway » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Well if he is deemed that good that big clubs want to buy him this summer then : a) His agent will be giving it 100% to ensure a move goes through, and b) The Fee should be high for GP to be happy to sell, so I say £25m minimum ?
Agents are the dirge of football for young players these days .... they keep pushing for their players to move at every opportunity and purely to fill their own pockets ! Doucoure and Riccie would not command an immediate place in say Spurs first 11 and would waste a year easily in their so called development to top level (if they are capable). Common sense says that Doucoure will get his chance at another club so good luck to him (for the right money) but Riccie will go this summer and will get around 8 starts next season for his new team, be hooked after an hour, fail miserably, and look for another move whilst raking in £60k a week. A lot of "glove-throwing" to ensue I reckon !! :)
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm

dorsetway wrote:Well if he is deemed that good that big clubs want to buy him this summer then : a) His agent will be giving it 100% to ensure a move goes through, and b) The Fee should be high for GP to be happy to sell, so I say £25m minimum ?
Agents are the dirge of football for young players these days .... they keep pushing for their players to move at every opportunity and purely to fill their own pockets ! Doucoure and Riccie would not command an immediate place in say Spurs first 11 and would waste a year easily in their so called development to top level (if they are capable). Common sense says that Doucoure will get his chance at another club so good luck to him (for the right money) but Riccie will go this summer and will get around 8 starts next season for his new team, be hooked after an hour, fail miserably, and look for another move whilst raking in £60k a week. A lot of "glove-throwing" to ensue I reckon !! :)

FIFA and the FA's need to gt hold of this. In the US agents are paid out of the players' salaries - they don't get a windfall for each move> if they negotiate a higher wage, then sure, their pay goes up. That keeps is from being so insane. You'd obviously have to transition to that model over several years (bumping up wages - offset by the reduction in some of the xfer fees), but it would at least stop some of the madness.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby BeersThen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:46 pm

what's his contract situation? think i read he declined to sign something long term?
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 am

BeersThen wrote:what's his contract situation? think i read he declined to sign something long term?

Was reported we offered him 70k a week.

I agree he is more likely to get game time than Richarlison - depending on who he joins.

Don't think some of the top managers would stand for the latter's sulking.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Doucourae seems to have a few dream moves" in mind ..

This week it's Liverpool !
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

The only way this gets under control is the following:

1) Remove agent payouts from moves. Agents should be paid a percentage of the players wages - negotiated by the players. This would of course take a few years to transition to.
2) Salary Cap by league. This would be in the form of what the Americans do in many of their leagues like the NBA. The league sets a maximum and a minimum (to prevent owners from fielding a crap team and pocketing a wad of cash, and to keep the players' union happy). If a team wants to spend over the cap, they pay a "luxury tax" which is distributed among the other teams in the league. The more you go over, the worse it gets.
3) Revenue sharing. The clubs already share the television revenue. You add in at least a percentage of the other revenue (advertising, merchandise, etc.). This reduces the disparity between big and small clubs. Typically exempt from this sharing are ticket sales, concessions, etc.. That way there is recompense and recognition for big clubs with massive stadiums and brands like Man U.

UEFA could broker/administer the caps across Europe. There are no other leagues that matter at this point.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Return to Watford FC