Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

New'astle

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

New'astle

Postby BeersThen » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 pm

I can feel the excitement about this one.
0-0
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: New'astle

Postby WFC4ever » Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

1-0 either way .

We will be safe tomorrow- maybe more by luck then judgement !
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby PizzaNBeer » Fri May 04, 2018 9:55 pm

I think we surprise people - including most of us - and win by at least 2.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby Bert Slaters Cap » Fri May 04, 2018 10:54 pm

Down to 14th after Brighton win against Manure (one place above Wet Spam who are still considered relegation fodder). Result tomorrow will define our season. Failure = Sh*t season, draw = rubbish season, win = not too bad. So a must win for Javi and the team.
Bert Slaters Cap

Postby madhorn » Sat May 05, 2018 11:48 am

Results over the last few weeks ( apart from our win against a 10 man Chelsea ) have done nothing to give me confidence in our ability to play in an organised controlled way.
We show flair intermittently , with a good percentage of possession, but are lacking in goals and goal attempts.
I think we are just not good enough and if we beat Newcastle it will be a massive surprise , and possibly due to them already being safe and thinking about their holidays.
We should stay up, but we need to improve next season or we will struggle to avoid relegation.
madhorn
Gloryhorns Reserve

Postby WFC4ever » Sat May 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Attacking line up there - 2 up front .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby WFC4ever » Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Game of 2 halves as we made it hard for ourselves by sitting back 2nd half after a strong attacking opening 45 minutes .

Must be Gracia's tactics or we just lacked fitness.

Anyway well done to Gray for getting his goal and time to look forward to next season.

Much work is needed I suspect.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby pog88 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Should have been out of site by half time. You knew they were never going to be that generous after the break

Lovely to see Stoke relegated
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby dorsetway » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Good result, but I really would like to know why we always struggle to play a decent FULL game (bar Chelsea) ? We have seen several massive end-of-game capitulations this season after decent starts, and in some games we never really get going, but even after yesterdays great start - we were always going to burn-out and scrape though at best.
I have often wondered how top managers set their game plans, some go for a "play it tight, keep shape and see how the game pans out and play mainly on the counter / long balls / set plays, whilst others go for the jugular and try and outplay the opponents. Surely a sensible manager knows that his team can't play flat out for 90 minutes, and personally I would tell my team to "go for it" for 10 minutes, keep it tight for 5 minutes .. repeat. Our players either don't turn up at all, or they throw everything at the oppo flat out for 40 minutes, then fade badly ? Is it lack of fitness or what, I have no idea ??
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC