Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Man Utd game

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Man Utd game

Postby dorsetway » Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am

I have been thinking ... this last game might not be as bad as it looks on paper ?

ManU have West Ham to play tonight, then us on the weekend, and their players will have their minds set heavily on the FA cup final. Some will also have their sights set on the World Cup not far away, so considering they have nothing to play for against us there is half a chance that if we have a real go (like v Chelsea) we could get something from this game ?

OK so they might just relax and play us off the park, but I am more optimistic than a few weeks ago ....
Oh and just read that they are planning some form of support tribute for Sir Alex and those pre-match tributes we held never rubbed off positively on our match performances tbh.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Man Utd game

Postby WFC4ever » Thu May 10, 2018 11:49 am

Dull 2-0 defeat and Javi will say we tried hard , were a bit unlucky but will learn from our mistakes .
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Thought this had half a chance of being on Sky, but they've gone for the Southampton / Man City thriller.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm

BeersThen wrote:Thought this had half a chance of being on Sky, but they've gone for the Southampton / Man City thriller.

Well that has some sort of impact relegation wise I guess if Man City score loads of goals although it seems Swansea have given up in their chance of staying up by sacking the manager.

Sky have got the Liverpool and Chelsea battle for 4th as their main games.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am

WFC4ever wrote:Dull 2-0 defeat and Javi will say we tried hard , were a bit unlucky but will learn from our mistakes .

Sounds like Javi is staying on but I still expect him to let our guys off the leash a bit for this game, and get them really motivated - this can be viewed our cup final (win and we finish around 11th !) I won't hold my breath but I hope we have a real go.... If we play well and maybe get a good draw then I will be happy for Javi to stay, but put us through another inept / can't be bothered performance and I think that shows some real doubts on his ability to motivate ? (Huddersfield can do it and show should we !)
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun May 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Well it was dull ..and the only goal was offside !
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Sun May 13, 2018 4:54 pm

14th?
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun May 13, 2018 4:58 pm

BeersThen wrote:14th?

Not quite 12th..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby pog88 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Thank F*** the season is finally over
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun May 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Probably get Man City away first game then Chelsea...

I am not sure we can keep just blaming the manager for the lack of form and injuries.

It seems a different set of players fall out or like whatever is in charge each time which hardly helps the stability and morale in the squad.

Know the away form has been poor but we've had some tough ones under Gracia - I doubt we'd get much next season from Arsenal, Man U, Spurs and Leicester away either.

West Ham are so hot and cold who knows what team your going to face and the Huddersfield game was just typical Watford - albeit a rather negative performance.

Home performances have been ok generally but have been a bit worried by the tactics employed and subs changed but then would the next guy be any better?
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC