Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Wolves

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Wolves

Postby BeersThen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Bouncing back or more pre-Xmas slump?

I fear a 3-0.....
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Wolves

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Shame to hear Chalobah might be injured again - unless its the club just being very careful.

Seems like Gerry D might be fit to start.

Mariappa and Masina to come in I guess at the back.

I'd take a draw but apart from last game we have played well so hopefully Bournemouth was a blip.
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Bert Slaters Cap » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Great result and performance by the team. Some really nice ole passing in the first half after the 2 wonder goals! It was also nice to see our flair players were technically better than theirs on the day. I still wish we actually pushed for a 3rd in the second half rather than relying on attacks from the back. Although, tbf, Doucoure was very unlucky not to get a goal after his amazing sprint from inside our own half. Hope they show that on MoTD so we can see it again. All in all a great day out. Easy to park and get out at the end, a couple of nice pints of Tribute and a not so nice can of Banks Amber in the ground.
Bert Slaters Cap

Postby dorsetway » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:01 pm

1) Wasn't expecting such a dramatic return to form away at Wolves tbh !
2) Gracia can shut us up for a while - proving that he is now learning from mistakes and can set us up to be effective.
3) He'snot afraid to give fringe players their chance. and in fact he keeps them motivated for when they get their chance.
4) I have been a bit concerned for weeks about our constant vulnerability when counter attacked (when we all push up too high). Gracia took action today to subdue their WB outlets and I am well impressed with this guy - he has definitely got us looking like a decent, well drilled and "together" bunch !!!!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:35 am

Excellent win with 2 very well taken goals.

Held on pretty well under pressure in the 2nd too.

Can Lawro and Merson predict us to lose every week ?!
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm

I think we are one of the toughest teams to predict results for tbh ? I didn't give us much chance at Wolves and was hoping hard for a well fought draw, how wrong was I ?

Been thinking about the latest formation ... We all moaned about the 4231 last season with good reason, but I think 451 could work well for us with the players we now have, it's just a matter of the players knowing their primary and secondary roles. Having Success up top, with GD, RP and Hughes in behind - SHOULD work. When we play 442 the 2 CMs have a lot of ground to cover whilst WH and RP work the wings. Last year when playing 4231 we kept banging long balls up to TD too often, but with the pace of IS and the silky skills of most of our 5 midfield - we should be able to get 2 players up to support him pretty quickly - as long as the midfield move up progressively. I hope he sticks to 451 for a bit, because that way we look secure in the FB positions and we can cut off marauding WBs far better ? If we had played 442 yesterday I think the result would have been different, so good on JG for showing tactical sense !!!
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby BeersThen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 pm

WFC4ever wrote:Can Lawro and Merson predict us to lose every week ?!

And me :)
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:21 am

BeersThen wrote:
WFC4ever wrote:Can Lawro and Merson predict us to lose every week ?!

And me :)

Well must admit I would have taken a point myself!

Just peddle the inconsistent tag though really..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC