Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Everton

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Everton

Postby Scoobykelbeardoo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:02 pm

So fu#£ing happy right now played lads
Scoobykelbeardoo
Gloryhorns Academy

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Everton

Postby dorsetway » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Great result.!! We are already as good as safe and it's early February.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby Inayellowshirt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Thank god Marco Slither didnt leave The Vic with a smile on his face
Inayellowshirt
Part-Time Caretaker

Postby Scoobykelbeardoo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Even my wife knew how much this game meant to me drink on hornets fans
Scoobykelbeardoo
Gloryhorns Academy

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Hope the fan at the end is ok - sounds pretty serious.

Shame that will sour a good win.

Gray made a difference and earned his goal.

Once again the defence held strong and Doucoure made an impact .

Not sure we will see Sema much more and GD was a bit ineffective again .

Consolidate our 8th place and sent the snake packing !
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby Scoobykelbeardoo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Not heard about the fan at the end what happened and hope he is ok
Scoobykelbeardoo
Gloryhorns Academy

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Scoobykelbeardoo wrote:Not heard about the fan at the end what happened and hope he is ok

WO saying 4 arrested and 2 taken to hospital with facial injuries.

Sounds like some fans clashed by the coaches in Vicarage Road on the cemerety side.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Anyone else catch the PA playing Al Wilson’s ‘The Snake’ before kick off? I laughed.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Tbh I don't think Deulefeu fits into a side like ours, not unless we buy in the likes of four attackers from Liverpool or Man City.? Technically he's very gifted but he's just too much of a luxury for a squad like us. He's not a proper striker and he hasn't got the legs for a midfield grafter, so basically he is a winger that wants to hang around up front looking for opportunities. Basically he's very good when the team plays really well going forward but when we are having to graft hard, he's no good. Maybe he will improve but I feel he's a sulker and doesn't feel he has anything to prove. Did anyone else notice that he didn't join the others in the goal celebration, just held his arms up, (or was that just supposed to be in view of his previous with Everton?).
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 am

Bit harsh on Deulofeu I think. Perhaps harsh isn't the word. Your assessment of what he's good at is fairly accurate I think. He's essentially a winger or an outside forward in a 4-3-3. He's not a 9 or 10. What I'd say differently is that since we're not likely to bring in 3-4 70 million pound forwards or attacking mids, he's actually the kind of player we have to have. Very good at 1-2 things with the occasional moment in one of the things he's not good at. We just need more of them so that the manager can mix/match - and so that we can rest them occasionally and not have as precipitous a drop off in skill as we often do. If his defence can improve, that will help also. When he was best was when we were essentially playing the 4-4-2 and the fullbacks and wingers would invert, plus the players up top would float. The other clubs have seen all that on video by now and know how to attack it (things like wait for the ball to be played back to anyone not named Doucoure and pressure them, or wait for Kiko to come forward and then play the ball in behind - dragging our relatively slow footed defence out of shape. If we can get some more quality and pace in a few positions, we can be a little more varied without exposing the back as much. As far as plain technical quality goes, right now, the only technically gifted players we sit are either young, slow or injured.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby dorsetway » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm

True, and I am probably being a bit harsh on him, but he just feels a bit of a NORDIN Wooter.? He is almost too quick a thinker for the others at times. I think maybe if he just stopped trying too hard it might all fall in place for him, but easier said than done.
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Maybe he will look more effective out wide with 2 strikers to deliver balls into the area for.

Got the skill but like most of the team seem to lack pace which is something Gray brought to the game.

Great pass by Cathcart to play in Hughes for the goal!

Everton moaning that the corner wasn't one in the first place - well tough luck - they scored an offside goal at Goodison and had 25 minutes to find an equaliser.
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Everton's next league game is away at Cardiff on the 26th (followed by Liverpool).
Lose both and Silva might have a relegation fight on his hands.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 pm

BeersThen wrote:Everton's next league game is away at Cardiff on the 26th (followed by Liverpool).
Lose both and Silva might have a relegation fight on his hands.

As pleasing a thought as that is, probably not. 36 is probably safe this year. All they need is 3-4 points out of the rest of their games. While they do have some games against the top 4, they also have some against bottom feeders. Not to mention there are a lot of clubs below them. That said, finishing in 15/16th position is well within their grasp.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Return to Watford FC