Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Everton

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Everton

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Sounds like Welbeck will be involved but not Sarr .

Doesn't matter who is up front if we cannot defend !
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Everton

Postby BeersThen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Maybe they'll be 'mentally switched on' for this one.
However, I think Everton are on the verge of doing ok this year, so might take it 2-0.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm

I really am not confident about this game, our lot went soft last March and are yet to show they have got it together as a team.?
Having said that they did shove my words down my throat a few times early last year when they really responded well to poor previous performances.! I will wait and see, although two weeks ago I had us down to beat Brighton and lose the next three....
TBH I just can't see how Gracia will work out his wide midfielders and forwards. Right now we supposedly have TD having to start, and GD expecting to start upfront, with AG pushing for a spot. I assume that Welbeck is not a wide midfielder, nor is Sarr, so 442 is out of the question. Surely Gracia has to find a new system with this squad.? 352 means keeping two WBs so that eliminates wingers, so my call is to play a 343 and I wonder if TDs days are numbered considering the type of classier players we are bringing in...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Same back line - probably shows the lack of options there!

Hopefully GD is fully over his illness otherwise we won't be getting much change up front.

Hughes out wide again...poor bloke.

And will Pereyra do his defensive duties?
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Could get messy this
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Sounds like we played better than last week at least!

Created chances but typically didn't take them and lost to a silly soft goal.

Cannot rely on Sarr - need others to step up.

2 big games next..
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Ouch I have a bad feeling about the months ahead.! The wheels fell off last season and Gracia had a chance to bring some "steel" in over the summer. Clearly he felt his formations and players were good enough but we lacked something special on the wing.? This bunch need a right shake up and we know that Gracia won't do it. I think the older bunch are too strong for him so he's going to struggle, I really do think we'll be bottom for several weeks now, so unfortunately I think Gracia days are numbered...
Who screwed up this window, GP and Dux or Gracia.?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby PizzaNBeer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:47 pm

dorsetway wrote:Ouch I have a bad feeling about the months ahead.! The wheels fell off last season and Gracia had a chance to bring some "steel" in over the summer. Clearly he felt his formations and players were good enough but we lacked something special on the wing.? This bunch need a right shake up and we know that Gracia won't do it. I think the older bunch are too strong for him so he's going to struggle, I really do think we'll be bottom for several weeks now, so unfortunately I think Gracia days are numbered...
Who screwed up this window, GP and Dux or Gracia.?

I think it's early to conclude that. Dawson is working his way in and should be an upgrade. Sarr will start next week, displacing someone else. While I'm not a fan of either Janmaat or Femenia, I think Janmaat will pair with Sarr. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Deeney pushed by Welbeck, although TBH, the service to anyone up front needs to be better.
PizzaNBeer
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Location: Lying on the floor reaching up to grasp my pint on the bar

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:35 am

Watched MOTD:

Bit unlucky with the winner as it was deflected but then the guy who scored was allowed to run and shoot .

Think GD went looking for the penalty appeal .

Deeney went close but may have been offside anyway - Dawson was unfortunate and Docoure didn't go with the right foot .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:36 am

True it is all very fine lines.... Clearly the players confidence dropped last March and it is still missing.?
I thought the ref was hard on us... 1) Holebas booking was harsh as Holebas hardly touched him. 2) GD was brought down their player didn't touch the ball, I've seen them given every time. 3) when Pereyra tried to head the ball in, one of their players nearly took his head off with a high boot, usually a pen and someone was sent off last year for similar.?
Have to assume Javi is giving players a fair wack before making big changes..?
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Suspect GD paid for going down a bit too late !

Performance seemed better but hopefully Welbeck and Sarr will add that much needed quality and pace ! .
Come On You Horns!

WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby dorsetway » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 pm

I know we can improve but Javi has shown that he is yet another manager who wants to stick to his guns whatever.
I asked myself one question... "if a new manager came in next week, would he play the current eleven same as Javi or would he make big positional and tactical changes." the answer came back that a new manager would immediately freshen up the team regardless of the old guard. This squad needs a good kicking not nice words, and that's why I don't see Javi surviving past November... (sorry)..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby dorsetway » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Saw a post elsewhere, that we could try a 4141 formation based on the players we have, and I actually wonder if that might give us a bit more control in midfield.?

Capoue then plays a sweeper role (so can Challobah) stick Deeney or GD up front, and then a midfield of say Sarr, Cleverly, Douc, Pereyra..
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Return to Watford FC