Watford FC Forum

Watford FC Forum/message board www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum

Merkel article in WO

This forum is for all Watford FC related topics ONLY. Latest news, gossip, rumours, transfers, why three stands are better than four... its all in here now!!

You must be registered to view/post in this forum.

Moderators: Inayellowshirt, corbyhornet, Bert Slaters Cap, hollywood

Forum rules
Argue your point sensibly, differences in opinion are allowed as without them there wouldn't be much point in the forum. Abuse will be removed by the moderators and may result in a ban.
No trolling (using secondary accounts to cause friction).
Please use the <!> button to report any posts that offend or need a mod to look at.
Before posting a new thread, please check you are in the right section and see if another one already exists.
This part of the forum is for WFC related threads only, please keep on that topic and use General Chat for the usual tom foolery.
If you have a problem with a particular user, the forum admin team are always happy to receive constructive reasons via the PM system from regular members on why action is required.

Merkel article in WO

Postby dorsetway » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Interesting reading the article where Merkel (didn't remember him tbh) said he felt sad during his loan spell with us some years ago. He was a Udinese player then so in reality it was a big opportunity for him, but I have been thinking more and more lately that our conveyor belt of loanees will eventually see us turned down by a lot of young players.? Three years ago we were seen as a great option for young players, but most of them like Peneranda just get sent out on loan over and over. OK when they're 18 but it must be hard when they come to us thinking they've come to a great club but spend three years on loan around Europe.? I guess they might just not be good enough but I do wonder if they know what to expect when they sign.? One thing for sure... We can't send young Pedro out on loan...
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

GloryHorns Advertisement

GloryHorns.co.uk

Re: Merkel article in WO

Postby WFC4ever » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:21 pm

We will probably just sell him to Liverpool next summer !

It's true the Pozzos don't tend to give youth a chance but maybe that is because the demands of the Premier league make them feel we need experienced players ?

I remember Merkel getting sent off v Reading .
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Postby BeersThen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Is this the best the WO can do at the moment? Whining from someone who played about ten times years ago. Plenty of current meaty stuff to be getting stuck into I'd have thought.
BeersThen
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer

Postby WFC4ever » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm

They have just copied articles from elsewhere - same with the Jokanavic story.

I don't think the WO get inside info and interviews with players etc now.

Long gone are the days of Oli Phillips being told little bits of info by GT before a game.

Probably not helped by him basically moaning about the Pozos and what they stood for when they came in

Also with the introduction of Social media and the World wide access to press coverage of the Premier league the local paper is now probably well down the list of important media partners.

Although that might change if we go down!
Come On You Horns!

We are back...for how long?
WFC4ever
Star Poster

Return to Watford FC